Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Happy Birthday, Honey!!


Yes, it's a big one.... today is my dear husband's 50th birthday!!

We began celebrating two days ago when we had his favorite dinner: a prime rib roast, cooked medium rare, mashed potatoes, brussels sprouts and salad, followed by his favorite dessert, Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake, pictured above (find the recipe here).

The boys made 'Happy 50th' signs and hung them about the house, and we have the usual birthday streamers, balloons and banner that we hang whenever it is someone's special day. It is festive, indeed! And this evening the boys and I will take Dad out for dinner.

Where does time go?! We've been married for almost 11 years. Ten years ago on his 40th birthday, my husband was too busy with his 8-day old firstborn to think about turning 40. It seems like we blink and 10 years pass by. But without a doubt it has been the best 10 years of our lives. God has blessed us richly and in too many ways to count in this space.

And so, as I raised my glass to my hubby at his birthday dinner on Sunday, I raise it again here: Happy Birthday, Honey... Here's to another 50 years!!

3 comments:

Peklet Mom said...

Happy Birthday HS Dad!!! May you have more wonderful celebrations for many years to come!

Sharon said...

Happy Birthday, Homeschool Dad! Sounds like your family is taking great care of you!

Gregory Thaumaturgas said...

Happy Birthday!

~G.T.

P.S. I love making cheesecake too (and eating it!!). Your husband has very fine tastes :-)

Also sounds like your boys really had fun putting up signs! I remember doing that too. Happy 50th!