Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving...

... to all of my dear readers!

Just taking a quick break from preparing what I can today for tomorrow's feast. Well, I did take a break this afternoon to play Monopoly, of all things, with my 8 year-old. That was a couple of hours ago. My good hubby relieved me a bit ago so I could get back to my kitchen, and now they're battling it out. Our son, I think, would never tire of playing the game.

My cranberries are prepared and in the fridge. I love standing over a simmering pot of these red little beauties and listen to their pleasant popping as they are transformed into a delicious spiced sauce without which I just can't serve a turkey.

I have one pie half-made, just waiting for a crust to cool. I still need to mash my sweet potatoes for the sweet potato casserole which is good enough to call dessert, and chop celery and onions for stuffing, then I can relax this evening! In the morning we'll get busy again. I say we because that same good hubby will be at my side in the kitchen all Thanksgiving morning, helping me with all the rest of the preparations.

It will be just us and my father-in-law, as our Thanksgivings have been since marriage, except when my mother-in-law joined us too, may she rest in peace.

So very much to be thankful for: Faith, Family, Friends, and that's just the tip of the iceberg.

God bless you all this Thanksgiving!

4 comments:

Gregory Thaumaturgas said...

I sincerely wish you a happy Thanksgiving too :)

May God bless us all, and may he also grant eternal rest to those who founded settlements on the East Coast and created foundations for our country!

Sharon said...

Sounds like a nice, pleasant day you have planned. We, on the other hand, have to travel to two homes -- one for lunch, one for dinner. But it's not as bad as it sounds.

Have a great Thanksgiving.

Gregory Thaumaturgas said...

Imagine poor Bilbo--

Thinking about a tea kettle just beginning to whistle and bacon and eggs. And all he got to eat was cram and water!

Anyway, sounds yummy. We had yams&brown sugar, turkey, etc... sounds like you had a great dinner too

~G.T. :)

thetimman said...

God bless your family!