Sunday, August 16, 2009

Beloved Flower Pots

I am happy to report that the boys did very well today as they assisted for the first time at the solemn high Mass at the Oratory! It was a proud moment indeed, seeing them in the procession, walking slowly, seriously, hands folded as in prayer.

During Mass, sitting opposite each other in the choir stalls, they both followed along, doing as they are supposed to do, but for the most part, being still as flower pots! On recessing out following Mass, I caught each boy's eye and they both gave a quick smile to Mom.

As we all readied ourselves to leave, one of the older altar boys told them, "Good job up there!" Both boys beamed. And their exuberance was evident on the way home as they were all a-chatter:

"I loved it!!"

"Oh Mom, it was fun!!"

"I want to serve every Sunday!"

And from one boy to the other: "Are you going to be a priest?" "If God calls me, I will."

Thus was the first day of, hopefully, a long-lasting service at the Altar for our boys. If ever a flower pot was beautiful to behold.....

Deo Gratias!

4 comments:

Lisamck said...

God bless those boys! What a special day for them. May they always be filled with the awe and devotion that they feel today. St Dominic Savio and St John Vianney, pray for us!

Sharon said...

I'm sorry we missed it! We had to attend the earlier low Mass because of social obligations.

They are all growing up way too fast!

thetimman said...

God bless them. I'll never forget what Canon Lenhardt said to encourage my son after his first Mass service. The boys are so fortunate to have the experience of the TLM and the ICRSS.

Peklet Mom said...

They did great! What a proud, exciting and happy day for you!