Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Of Your Charity

Yesterday one of my uncles, my dad's brother, suddenly passed on into eternity. He was 76 years old, and it is thought that he had a heart attack.

Though I grew up only a quarter mile from his house, and he and my dad (and their sister) were partners in our family dairy farm, I cannot say I knew Uncle Jim well. I knew his two kids, my cousins, well, but I simply had no closeness of any kind with my uncle.

To my knowledge he lived and died without any religion of any kind, and I am saddened by this. I am sorry too for my cousins' loss of their only remaining parent.

And so I would ask you, dear readers, of your charity, to say a prayer today for my Uncle Jim.

Eternal rest grant unto him O Lord, and let perpetual
light shine upon him. May he rest in peace.

No comments: